Come on out for Bike Month in May! We'll be celebrating with a full lineup of physically-distanced rides, on-line talks and classes, bike-up discounts, and prizes for all ages and riding abilities. Check out WeBikeLane.org for a continuously-updated list of events. Here's a taste:
- Tapas on Two Wheels: a self-guided tour of the best small bites downtown
- Shift to E-Bikes Workshop: get all your questions answered and get a discounts on a new e-bike purchase
- Retro Ride Brewery Tour (ages 21+)
- Paddle and Peddle the Willamette (for youth!)
- Mobility Justice Listening Session
- Family Ride to Golden Gardens Park
- Weekly raffles for those who track their rides/trips on GetThereOregon.org
Nationally celebrated since 1956 and in Lane County for the past eight years, May is Bike Month showcases the many benefits of biking and encourages more folks to give it a try. Don’t have a bike? PeaceHealth Rides bike share is a great option — some events will have special promo codes for free rides.
If you’re inspired to host an event, and would like it promoted on the May is Bike Month calendar, fill out the 2021 event submission form. The form includes some guidelines for making your event COVID-safe. View the list of last year’s events for inspiration.