On Monday, June 28, 2021, at 7:30 p.m. the Eugene City Council will hold public hearings and take action on the FY22 Budget as previously recommended by the Budget Committee. Members of the public are encouraged to provide their feedback on the FY22 Budget.
Due to Governor Kate Brown’s Stay Home, Save Lives Executive Order to combat the spread of COVID-19, all City Council meetings will be held remotely, using virtual meeting technology. Information about how to access these meetings will be available at www.eugene-or.gov/webcasts.
You can view the Agenda Item Summary for the City of Eugene FY22 Recommended Budget at https://www.eugene-or.gov/DocumentCenter/View/62091 and the Urban Renewal Agency FY22 Recommended Budget at https://www.eugene-or.gov/DocumentCenter/View/62092.
The Proposed Budget was reviewed and deliberated on by the Eugene Budget Committee during four meetings throughout April and May, which included public input. On May 26, the Budget Committee voted to recommend that the City Council adopt the FY22 Proposed Budget with the following additions:
For the City of Eugene budget:
- Move to recommend that the City Council allocate an additional $75,000 in one-time funding to the Human Services Commission (HSC) in the FY22 Proposed Budget to continue funding for increases in the City of Eugene portion of subcontractor contracts.
- Move to recommend that the City Manager prioritize $50,000 to the FY22 Urban Forestry tree planting program from the American Rescue Plan Act funding and identify funding for this amount to be added to the base budget for this program beyond FY22.
- Move to recommend to the City Council that they direct the City Manager make the highest priority for funding the restoration of the cuts to the Eugene Fire Station #2 from the American Rescue Plan Act funding.
- Move to recommend to the City Council remove the $310,000 budget allocation for the Community Response Unit from the FY22 Proposed Budget.
- Move to recommend to the City Council to add $125,000 of one-time funding in the FY22 Proposed Budget for support to CAHOOTS for maintaining the additional five hours per day of service. And to instruct the City Manager to bring back a plan for stabilization and potential expansion of the CAHOOTS program as part of Community Safety Initiative discussions in the fall.
- Move to recommend that the City Council direct the City Manager to reconvene the Budget Committee for a minimum of two meetings for discussions and a recommendation to City Council regarding the FY22 Supplemental Budget specifically related to allocations of the Community Safety Initiative fund and American Rescue Plan Act funds.
The full text of the Budget Committee motions is available to view at https://www.eugene-or.gov/DocumentCenter/View/61875/Approved-Budget-Committee-Motions-5-26-2021.
At the same meeting the City Council is also scheduled to hold public hearings and take action on the current fiscal year (FY21) June Supplemental Budget. View the Agenda Item Summary for the City of Eugene FY21 June Supplemental Budget at https://www.eugene-or.gov/DocumentCenter/View/62095/.
Visit https://www.eugene-or.gov/3360/Webcasts-and-Meeting-Materials to learn more about how to provide written or public testimony to City Council.