Funding of up to $5,000 will be awarded per project for programming in Eugene’s downtown core
The City of Eugene Cultural Services Downtown Program Fund is offering up to $5,000 to organizations and individuals who wish to produce their own quality programming in publicly accessible outdoor spaces in downtown Eugene.
Funding can support any artistic or cultural discipline, including visual, dance, music, theatre, film/video/media and multidisciplinary fields. Cultural Services will accept applications until 11:59 p.m. Feb. 5, and you can apply at eugene-or.gov/downtownprogramfund.
Community-driven programming is needed now more than ever. Because of this, Cultural Services wants to fund projects that work with the theme of identity and belonging. The division wants to nurture a sense of pride and welcoming in our community and culture here in downtown Eugene.
The 2022 Downtown Program Fund seeks to:
- Draw people and positive energy to the downtown core through activation of outdoor spaces with arts and culture events or installations
- Help artists and arts organizations to survive and thrive through the impacts of the pandemic
- Support long-term recovery efforts by engaging the community in support for arts & culture
- Foster a sense of belonging and safety for all community members. In particular historically marginalized and underrepresented communities such as Eugene’s BIPOC and LGBTQIA+ communities, low-income communities, people experiencing disabilities, individuals who are unhoused, youth and seniors.
- In addition to funding, awardees of the Downtown Program Fund will receive an initial consultation with the City’s Cultural Services staff, publicity through Cultural Services marketing and access to available City equipment including tables, chairs and canopies.
For more information about eligibility requirements and how to apply, please go to the Downtown Program Fund webpage.