News Home
The original item was published from 3/8/2013 12:56:05 PM to 3/25/2013 8:10:56 AM.

News

Rec News & Stories

Posted on: March 8, 2013

[ARCHIVED] Event to support WJ Skatepark

Pints for a cause poster

The City of Eugene and four partner organizations invite you to “Pints for a Cause” from 5-9 p.m., on Monday, March 18, at Ninkasi Brewing, 272 Van Buren St. This event will support the WJ Skatepark + Urban Plaza, a 23,000 sq. ft. custom-designed skate terrain that will be built under the Washington-Jefferson bridges. Ninkasi will donate 25% of the event sales to the Skatepark.

The skatepark is being built through a strong public-private partnership between the City of Eugene and the non-profits: Eugene Parks Foundation, Skaters for Eugene Skateparks and the Downtown Rotary. Through this partnership, the goal is to raise 25 percent of the project total in private funds, close to $240,000. The City has identified System Development Charges already in hand to make up the remaining 75 percent of the project costs.

With a thriving urban plaza for food vendors, events and a skating area unparalleled in Eugene, WJ Skatepark + Urban Plaza is expected to become a Eugene landmark and a key cornerstone connecting the revitalized 5th Avenue Historic District and Whiteaker neighborhoods.

The WJ Skatepark + Urban Plaza project began in early 2004 when more than 1,700 petitioners submitted a proposal to the Eugene City Council to build a large regional-scale, covered, and lit destination skatepark centrally located in Eugene.

The Ninkasi event will include Musical entertainment by DJ Foodstamp, from 5-5:30 p.m., and Hot Milk, from 5:30-6:15 p.m.

Additional Info...
Facebook Twitter Email

Other News in Rec News & Stories

Campbell Community Center Video Tour

Campbell Community Center Tour

Posted on: December 15, 2021
Echo Hollow Pool slide

Rec bond projects taking shape

Posted on: December 21, 2020
Delta Ponds

Parks bond projects progressing smoothly

Posted on: December 21, 2020
Summer Camp 2020 at Cuthbert Amphitheater

Summer Camps at Cuthbert Amphitheater

Posted on: September 18, 2020
Bike Safety

Bicycle Safety Education

Posted on: October 5, 2020
Campbell Construction Exterior

Campbell Community Center Update

Posted on: August 28, 2020
Echo Hollow exterior

Echo Hollow Pool Update

Posted on: August 28, 2020
Overhead view of future Downtown Riverfront Park

Bond and Levy Projects Update

Posted on: August 28, 2020
Amazon Farmers Market

Amazon Farmers Market

Posted on: June 25, 2020
Safe water 360x280

Stay safe in the water this summer

Posted on: May 29, 2020
Echo Hollow Pool & Fitness Center

Renovation and expansion plans update

Posted on: February 8, 2020
Sheldon Pool & Fitness Center

Sheldon Pool Renovation Outreach Begins

Posted on: January 29, 2020