The popular summer activity card will be available June 16
In partnership with Willamalane Park and Recreation District, Eugene Rec is again offering 1PASS. It’s back for the summer of 2022 after a limited offering in 2021. This summer, the pass is valid from July 1 through Sept. 5. Sales begin June 16 and are available for purchase for $50 at the following locations:
- Amazon Pool, 2600 Hilyard St., Eugene, OR 97405
- Sheldon Pool and Fitness Center, 2443 Willakenzie Rd., Eugene, OR 97401
- Echo Hollow Pool, 1655 Echo Hollow Rd., Eugene, OR 97402
- Bob Keefer Center for Sports and Recreation, 250 S 32nd St., Springfield, OR 97477
- Splash! at Lively Park, 1600 Thurston Rd., Springfield, OR 97478
- Willamalane Park Swim Center, 1276 G St., Springfield, OR 97477
The 1PASS provides youth ages 18 and younger admission to regularly scheduled recreation swims at local pools, a game of miniature golf at Camp Putt Adventure Golf Park and weekly access to Get Air Eugene trampoline park, among other perks.
Because of COVID-19 restrictions and limitations, Eugene Rec didn’t participate in the 1PASS program last year. Willamalane ran a limited offering with eight destinations. This year, Willamalane and the City of Eugene will jointly offer the program again, as in years past.
Local schools offer the 1PASS to students for free.
The City of Eugene worked with local public school districts in Eugene to offer students access to 1PASS at no cost. Bethel School District offered its students a chance to sign up and pay for their 1PASS, and Eugene 4J is paying for passes for students enrolled in its summer enrichment programs. Also, Willamette Leadership Academy is paying for all of its students to have a 1PASS.
This summer, Willamalane and Springfield Public Schools are continuing a model the organizations tested last year to offer the 1PASS at no cost to Springfield Public School students. Every student in the school district is eligible to receive a 1PASS paid in full by the school district through relief grant funds, eliminating the most significant barrier to accessing the 1PASS. Last summer, 3,477 students received a 1PASS at no cost. And, more Springfield kids than ever before received a 1PASS. This year, families should go to the Bob Keefer Center with their Springfield Public School students to claim their 1PASS.
The 1PASS Program began as a unique collaboration between Willamalane, City of Eugene Recreation and partner destinations that provides healthy activities, education, transportation, culture and recreation to as many kids as possible in Eugene and Springfield.
Another benefit: any youth recipient of City of Eugene Scholarships will receive 50% off of the 1PASS.
Partner destinations include:
- Adventure Children’s Museum - Two visits per week (once every three days).
- Amazon Pool - One admission per day.
- Bob Keefer Center for Sports and Recreation - One admission per day.
- Camp Putt - One 18 hole round per day.
- Echo Hollow Pool - One admission per day.
- Emerald Lanes Bowling Alley - One game per day, including shoe rental.
- Eugene Family YMCA - Three visits per week (once every two days) for regularly scheduled rec swims. Must be 15+ year old in Health & Wellness Center
- Eugene Science Center - One admission per day to their exhibit hall and 50% off Planetarium / Laser Show Tickets.
- Get Air - Two visits per week (once every three days).
- Laurelwood Golf Course - One driving range token per day.
- Museum of Natural and Cultural History - One admission per day.
- River Road Park and Recreation District - One admission to the indoor pool per day.
- Sheldon Pool - One admission per day.
- Splash! at Lively Park - One admission per day during waterpark swims.
- Willamalane Park Swim Center - One admission per day during recreation swims.