The Eugene-Kakegawa Sister City Committee (EKSCC) invites the community to an information session on Saturday, September 9 at 2 p.m. at the Hilyard Community Center to learn more about the committee and opportunities to be involved.
This information session will include a brief history of the Eugene-Kakegawa Sister City program along with a panel of people who know Kakegawa, have hosted delegates from Kakegawa, have been delegates to Kakegawa or have helped table events that EKSCC has sponsored.
Do you have skills you can share with the EKSCC? Some of the committee's upcoming efforts include:
- Formalizing the Friends of EKSC membership
- Gathering people who want to host Japanese delegates or travel to Kakegawa
- Establishing a pen pal system with Kakegawa
- Updating our website and Facebook page
- Creating a more completed history of EKSCC
- Coordinating efforts with other Eugene sister city committees
- Revising bylaws
- And more!
Interested community members are encouraged to RSVP on Facebook. Questions about EKSCC and this event can be sent to Jill McKenney, EKSCC Vice President, 541-556-3736 or email@example.com
More information about all Eugene Sister Cities programs is available online: https://www.eugene-or.gov/369/Sister-Cities