The City of Eugene invites community members to attend its job fair on Thursday, October 12, from 1-5:30 p.m. at WorkSource Lane (2510 Oakmont Way in Eugene). Representatives from City departments will be available for prospective employees to talk with about what it’s like to work at the city, make connections, and learn how to apply.
Attendees will have the opportunity to learn more about a variety of positions ranging from entry-level to professional roles in Public Works, Planning & Development, Central Services, Library, Recreation, and Cultural Services, and Police.
Veterans will have an opportunity to enter the job fair earlier than the general public, with veteran-only time from 12:15-1 p.m. WorkSource Lane has free parking available in front and behind the building, with free street parking also available nearby.
Some recommended steps for attendees to prepare for the job fair include:
- Register for the job fair (not required – drop-ins welcome!)
- Dress to impress
- Prepare multiple hard copies and an electronic version of your resume
- Have your elevator pitch ready – be prepared to explain why you’re a good candidate
- Review the City’s Interview Process Tips
- Research each prospective position. The current listing of open positions can be viewed by clicking can be viewed online.
Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities. Language assistance is available to persons with limited English proficiency at no cost. The City of Eugene values a respectful and inclusive work environment, seeking out a wide range of voices, skills, and experiences. We believe a diverse workforce enables us to deliver culturally responsive services to all members of our community.