What if I intent to serve food?

If food at the event is to be sold, catered, or given away for charitable purposes then event organizers must provide the City with a copy of the restaurant license and a certificate of insurance. Sales of goods and services must be confined into the boundaries of the event.

A Special Event Permit holder may restrict event attendants from bringing outside food and non-alcoholic beverages if there is an entrance fee. If the event is free to the public then the Special Event holder may not prohibit outside food and non-alcoholic beverages.

The Special Event organizers are responsible for maintaining control over the vendors who sell goods or services at permitted events.

Show All Answers

1. How can I reserve a park?
2. Can I reserve an entire park?
3. What permits am I required to have?
4. What if I plan to set up a canopy, tent, stage or other equipment?
5. What if I would like to charge an entrance fee?
6. What if I intend to play amplified sound?
7. What if I intent to serve alcohol?
8. What if I intent to serve food?
9. What permits and insurance requirements are required for this type of event?
10. When are fees, proof of permits, insurance, and other documents due to Parks and Open Space?