What if I don’t want the proposed improvement?
A property with an irrevocable petition for a particular project is considered in favor of the project -- whether or not the current owner is in support. The property owner retains the right to file a written objection but cannot remonstrate. If the written remonstrance cause support for the project to fall below the required 50%, the City Council must override with a 2/3 majority vote (6) before a local improvement district can be formed and construction can begin.

Show All Answers

1. What is an irrevocable petition (IP)?
2. What types of projects are associated with an IP?
3. How can I get a copy of the petition?
4. When could the construction occur?
5. What if I don’t want the proposed improvement?
6. How will I know about any public meetings concerning a proposed project?
7. How do I pay for the improvements?