What are the additional permits that may be required to obtain?

In addition to the Special Use Permit, organizers are responsible for obtaining all necessary permits and certificates of insurance in accordance with State, Lane County, and City Ordinance. Some examples of permits or insurances include, but are not limited to: 

  • Certificate of Liability Insurance 
  • Commercial Construction Permit 
  • Fire Safety Event Permit 
  • Food Handlers Permit 
  • An Oregon Liquor Control Commission Permit and a certificate of commercial liability insurance if there will be consumption and/or sale of alcohol. 
  • Parade Permit 
  • Right-of-Way Use Permit 

Review the Special Event Guide for information on the permits listed above.

Show All Answers

1. What is the difference between a General Use Permit and Special Use Permit?
2. What are the fees for a renting a shelter or open space in a City park?
3. Can I reserve an entire City park?
4. Which City parks have access to electricity or water?
5. What should I know if I want to set up canopies, tents, stages, inflatables, fencing, portable restrooms, or other equipment?
6. What are the additional permits that may be required to obtain?
7. When will I receive my General or Special Use permit?
8. What if I want to use amplified sound at my event?
9. What if I want to serve or sell alcohol at my event?
10. How can I participate as a vendor at an event?
11. Can I have fire a at my event?