Where do I report an animal bite?

The owner of an animal susceptible to rabies which bites a human being shall notify Lane County Environmental Health if the bite makes contact with skin resulting in the break to the skin.  Bites can be reported during regular business hours by calling 541.682.4480.  Animal must be quarantined for 10 days beginning on the date of the incident.  

Reporting a bite to Eugene Animal Services is only necessary if it is a dog bite and someone wants to file a complaint against the owner.  This could be a dog bite/attack to a humane or another animal.  The City of Eugene has a Potentially Dangerous Dog classification and if an incident meets the criteria an owner is required to place their dog under a certain level of restrictions.  

Show All Answers

1. What is the cities ordinance for barking dogs?
2. How to live with cats in your neighborhood
3. What can I do about injured or nuisance wildlife?
4. What am I required to do if I find a dog?
5. What animals are approved inside city limits?
6. What should I do if my pet is missing?
7. Where do I report an animal bite?